The Total Ecosolutions Program
Our ambition : to become the responsible energy major
Climate issues are an integral part of our corporate strategic vision. We aim to help keep global warming below 2°C in relation to preindustrial levels by 2100 thanks to three levers: improving the carbon intensity of our current production mix, developing renewable energies and improving our energy efficiency.
One of our areas of continuous progress is energy efficiency: consume less in our processes and develop products that help consumers consume less.
Patrick Pouyanné, CEO of Total.
Source: l'Usine Nouvelle, 27/11/2015
Key facts and figures:
- 85% of the gas and oil sector greenhouse gas emissions are released in the use of the finished products
- At the end of 2018, 97 products and services carried the Total Ecosolutions label
- More than 12 million tons of carbon have been avoided since the Program was launched in 2009, of which 1.75 million tons in 2018 alone (amount emitted by around 196,000 European Union residents* in one year)
Source: Eurostat, Greenhouse Gas Emissions 2013 Per Capita of EU-28 Member States
An eco-efficient process to Meet environmental and health stakes
The Total Ecosolutions program offers our clients innovative solutions that provide the same outcome as the market standard while offering the added benefit of significantly better environmental performance (health aspects included) on the entire lifecycle of all products and services, such as :
- Reducing CO2 emissions
- Using less energy
- Saving non-renewable resources
- Consuming less water
- Mitigating impacts on health
- Curbing the impact on the ecosystem
A Diversified Range Adapting to Changes in the Market
To satisfy a growing demand from our clients who want to improve their environmental footprint, we have been developing innovative products and services for each of our markets for the past several years; these products offer a superior environmental performance throughout their life cycle.
Total Ecososolutions catalyzes these efforts in different sectors such as:
- Transportation (fuels, lubricants, washing solutions)
- Housing (resins, solar panels)
- Agriculture (engine oils for farm equipment, crop protection paraffin oils)
- Packaging (resins)
- Infrastructures (bitumen, drilling fluids, resins)
- Industrial production (solvents, resins)